Monday 7 November 2011

Class is in session

     So here's the deal. When I was in high school there was no class I ever loved more than (surprise, surprise)...Biology. Okay I lied. The answer's obviously English. Every time I walked into the room it felt like coming home, as cheesy as that sounds. I suppose it was like what swimmers feel when they step into a pool. It's the feeling of being enveloped by familiarity. I was totally in my element. Perhaps my positive attitude towards English class is what would cause it to be my highest mark every year. And every year that I did well, I loved it even more. It was the opposite of a "vicious cycle"; it was awesome.
     But clearly, that's not the case for everyone. I have friends who dreaded English class and would become incredibly anxious whenever we were assigned an essay. I want to be humble, but I have helped many people with their thesis' or essays. The thing is, I love editing. I love creating thesis' and I feel as if it helps me improve as a writer. Believe me I HATE working on my own assignments :P, which makes no sense really, because I find myself constantly doing the same work for others. But enough of me being full of myself, let's get to the point.
     I realized that a lot of people out there don't share the same passion or awe that I do for the classics that are studied in high school English and beyond. Maybe I got lucky thanks to my fabulous and inspiring teachers.  But I know how helpless and anxious people can get when even a simple sentence is hard to form. Writing essays and understanding novels can be a really strenuous and frustrating task. I see that frustration in my siblings and even myself at times. It's sort of like the apprehension I get when having to deal with math so trust me on this...I feel for whoever finds English class difficult.
     My solution is this: In the next few weeks (if exams don't kill me) I'm going to start a series of posts dedicated to the explanation of various Shakespearean works, other popular books, and offer writing tips. You're free to comment/message me and request a certain book or concept. If I can, I will definitely try my best to help you out.

Hope you all had a good weekend!

P.S. I was supposed to be writing an essay this entire time (due tomorrow) but instead I'm here blogging about helping other people write their essays...how ironic. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment as "Name/URL" (you don't have to enter a URL if you don't want to). Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...