Thursday 10 November 2011

Libraries of the World

     Recently, one of my friends sent me a picture of a gorgeous library in Iowa, U.S.A and it blew my mind. The place looks so amazing!! I mean libraries are sanctuaries in general, but this place looked so inviting that I'm sure people would actually want to go and spend hours in there. I mean libraries are magical places. But in this technologically adept world of ours they're starting to get neglected. We're forgetting that there's just something so special about walking down halls full of physical, written work and being attracted by the history of it all. So it got me thinking about all the beautiful libraries around the world. And everyone knows how I feel about lists....et voila :) So let's go on a world tour, shall we?
Abbey Library, St. Gallen, Switzerland
Another view of
Abbey Library, St. Gallen, Switzerland

Strahov Monastery - Theological Library, Prague, Czech Republic
Folger Shakespeare Library, Washington, USA
Stiftsbibliothek Klostemeuburg, Klostemeuburg, Austria
Library of the Benedictine Monastery, Admont, Austria
Library of Congress, US

George Peabody Library, John Hopkins University,
Baltimore, MD, USA

Yale University Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library,
New Haven, CT, USA

Morgan Library and Museum, New York, USA
Jose Vasconcelos Library, Mexico City, Mexico
Inventor Jay Walker's personal library
Library of Parliament, Ottawa, Canada

Chateau de Chantilly Library, Paris, France


Trinity College Library (The Long Room), Dublin, Ireland

Suzzallo Library, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Law Library, Iowa




3 comments:

  1. I feel like I would need a monacle and top hat to read in most of these places, so damn classy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome, isn't it? :) Also, a beret and a scarf.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment as "Name/URL" (you don't have to enter a URL if you don't want to). Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...