Thursday 24 November 2011

Thanksgiving

     I hadn't planned on writing a post today, but something happened that made me change my mind. One of my most favourite bloggers is Annie from Annie's Eats. Her blog is probably the first I've ever followed and visiting it has become an everyday routine for me. Annie is a brilliant, compassionate mother, daughter, wife, doctor, cook and photographer. I remember when I first started reading her blog, she would talk about the hardships of managing medical school and motherhood, but she forever remained an amazingly well-rounded person. Annie has seen a lot of tough times such as the loss of her mother early on in childhood. Yet, she became such an inspirational role model to me because of her perseverance and love for life. I didn't know I had a love of baking until her blog helped me create memorable desserts that my family and friends have grown to love. Annie created traditions of baking red velvet cupcakes and pineapple flowers for me. It would be an understatement to say that I'm a fan.

      Today, Annie posted about a tragic event that rocked her family this Thanksgiving. Her father passed away. Words escape me when trying to write condolences to her. How can anyone ever say anything that would numb the pain of losing a parent? I can't imagine what my life would be like if I lost my mom or dad. It's ironic and bittersweet, but it is the occasion of Thanksgiving. So, please cherish every moment you have with your loved ones. We all think that things like these won't happen to us until they do. Life is so distracting that even though we want to treasure our loved ones each day, things get in the way. It may be difficult, but it's worth the try.

     My heart goes out to Annie, her brothers, and the rest of her family. Annie, I know your dad couldn't be prouder of the wonderful, kind, generous children he raised. Andrew and Caroline will always feel the love of their grandfather through the warmth of their amazing mother.

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment as "Name/URL" (you don't have to enter a URL if you don't want to). Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...