Wednesday 23 November 2011

Quote of the Day



Hey! Sorry for my absence lately, but final projects and essays have been holding me hostage. It's going to be a tough couple of weeks, but I promise to be back very soon with regular posts and the continuation of my "You Are What You Believe" series. 

I hope you're enjoying these sorta-fall-but-almost-winter days and I have to say, I'm loving the sunshine and clear skies! Although, it is a bit disheartening that it hasn't snowed in Canada yet (makes you all bittersweet when you think about global warming, melting glaciers, and homeless polar bears etc. :( )

On a brighter note, my order of Aleph by Paulo Coelho arrived! Don't you just love getting mail? Like actual, REAL mail. The rip-open-an-envelope and tear-open-a-package kind. It's one of my most favourite things and I really hope the concept doesn't fade away with time. Emails just don't cut it for me, ya know? Anyways, I'm very excited to start reading it, but I have to exercise a lot of restraint because I know that once I begin, I won't be able to put it down. And as of right now, focusing on getting all this homework done should be all I think about, right? ( haha. of course, that's not actually the case....)

In honour of my lovely surprise in the mail, today's quote shares the theme of self-discovery that Paulo Coelho is so fond of writing about. I admit that I do go looking for myself and the kind of person I am. But, what's also true is that in the end, my actions will dictate the person I become. I'll be remembered by others based on what I did or said. We all will. And so if your thoughts are pure, embody them in your actions. If your intentions are kind, portray them in your words. You, and you alone, know about what kind of a person you want to be. So, create someone wonderful. 
It's really all up to you.

xo

3 comments:

  1. Ohh, what book is this? Tell me if it's good, I'm always looking for things to read....even though I have a long enough list as it is. I really do like your quote, but my only question is that you can have the purest intentions, but if your execution was poor then you're misunderstood, what then? Then people point out your faults and dismiss your explanation claiming them to be excuses. So you are the only person that can ever understand your intentions, but when everything is said and done, is that really enough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicely said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parna,
    It's his newest book, released a couple of months ago, and I'll definitely let you know how it is!
    Yes it's true that execution is essential when trying to depict your intentions. But that's life. You get what you dish out. In anything you do, it's important to realize what your actions look like from the outside - from the perspective of the people they affect. You may understand yourself clearly but that doesn't mean that others do and if your attempt is sincere you should have no regrets. If you're misunderstood, well then it's possible you had conflicting intentions that even you didn't know about. My point is, if you're the only person who can ever understand yourself then yes, it is enough. It's enough to have no regrets and nothing on your conscious because you know that you were true. And personally I think that's what matters. People catch on eventually.

    Thanks Areeba! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment as "Name/URL" (you don't have to enter a URL if you don't want to). Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...